Lead Research Engineer
Reach out to us at
As a lead research engineer at Spoor you'll be joining a world-class engineering team to lead our research efforts in developing a system for detecting, tracking and classifying objects in motion (specifically birds) at or near wind farms.
What you’ll do
- Lead research projects, mentor research engineers, and stay abreast of the latest methods and models in computer vision and AI
- Contribute to the technical culture of the company by defining and maintaining research standards, methods, and best practices
- Research, evaluate and implement state-of-the-art deep learning computer vision models for application at Spoor
- Take the application of AI in the biodiversity field to the next level!
What you’ll need
- Masters or Phd degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related field
- Experience with productionising research projects
- Experience using tools such as: Python, C/C++, OpenCV, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch or similar
- You have strong analytical/mathematical and problem solving skills
- You’re a team player and get things done
What we offer:
- Employee equity in the company
- A market-related salary package
- A high quality of life and security in beautiful Norway
- A flexible working environment with freedom to tailor your work situation and hours to suit your life situation
- An opportunity to grow and learn as a professional and as a person
- A diverse and inclusive workplace and an opportunity to make a difference
- Work in a world-class team with exceptional talent on important problems
Spoor was founded in 2020 by founders Ask Helseth, Lorea Coronado-Garcia and Helge Reikerås who found each other in the Antler startup accelerator program in Oslo, Norway. The founders connected on a shared passion for renewable energy, sustainability and artificial intelligence. Spoor has received financial support from several of the Nordic’s most active investors: Antler, Startuplab, Firda, Wiski Capital, Nysnø, Ørsted, and Norrsken.